General Assistant, Lews Castle
JOB TITLE: GENERAL ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER/ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
LOCATION: LEWS CASTLE
The general assistant role is integral to all operational areas and focuses throughout on excellent customer service and product knowledge. General Assistants may be working within the Storehouse, retail, bar, or banqueting areas to support weddings or other functions. Team work and flexibility is needed in all of these areas so will form part of the essential skill set.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To deliver exceptional service to the Natural Retreats customer through offering amazing product knowledge with fantastic interpersonal skills.
- To welcome all customers into Lews Castle and assist them in a friendly manner and being visible at all times to assist and offer advice.
- To build rapport with the customers and support them in making decisions about their choices by offering excellent product knowledge and listening to the customer’s needs.
- To serve all Natural Retreats customers in a friendly, welcoming, consistent manner.
- To have amazing knowledge of all products and services on offer and be able to pass on this knowledge in a positive, enthusiastic style.
- To listen to the customers’ needs and advise them accordingly on all products and services available.
- Understand formal table settings with clean linen or place mats, cutlery, crockery and glasses.
- Silver service standard will be required for banqueting and events.
- To listen to customers feedback and highlight to the relevant manager.
- To handle any concerns in a calm, professional manner escalating to the relevant manager when appropriate.
- To maintain the shop floor standards to an exceptional level to ensure high levels of cleanliness on all fixtures and till areas are maintained at all times.
- To keep the Outfitters and Storehouse stockrooms tidy and organised at all times to enable stock to be replenished promptly and to minimise stock damage and stock loss.
- Ensure all rental equipment is logged correctly when rented out and checked in correctly upon return.
- Ensure prompt replenishment of stock and highlight to the relevant manager any stock issues eg: stock loss, damaged stock.
- Adhere all cash handling procedures enforced by Natural Retreats.
- To maintain a high level of personal grooming and always wear the correct Natural Retreats uniform, which must be kept clean, ironed and presentable at all times.
- When handling/serving food and refreshments ensure that all requirements of Food Hygiene legislation are met.
- To be a brand ambassador, promoting all NR locations and services to guests and colleagues alike.
- To fulfill any reasonable request from Senior Management.
- Delivering a high level of customer service in a customer facing role.
- Team Player
- Ability to sell with flair, knowledge and confidence
- Strong customer focus
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive and flexible
- Positive, Creative, ‘can do’ approach
- amazing interpersonal skills
- strong communicator
- Team Orientated
- Friendly and welcoming
- Ability to ‘make it happen’
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org